Autoridad Portuaria de Avilés
This lighthouse is on the site of the Atalaya (Watchtower); monks at the monastery here displayed navigational lights as early as the 1500s. The monastery still stands near the lighthouse.
Tower Height: 30
Height of Focal Plane: 207
Characteristic and Range: White light occulting three times every 15 seconds;
Description of Tower: White square tower with unpainted stone trirm, silver lantern, attached to dwelling.
This light is operational
1850: Lantern on tower at monastery.
Date Established: 1850
Date Present Tower Built: 1862
Fog Signal: Siren, Morse code "L"
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!