Lighthouse Service, Naval Department
This lighthouse is within the Forte de São Teodósio da Ponta do Cavalo, built in the 1600s.
Tower Height: 23
Height of Focal Plane: 115
Characteristic and Range: White light, 3 seconds on, 2 seconds off; range 14 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Red cylindrical cast-iron tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1896
Date Present Tower Built: 1896
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!