This light was built on the Old Colony Railroad Wharf, about 1,000 feet from the Hyannis Harbr Lighthouse, which served as the rear range light. The front range light and the lighthouse would be aligned by mariners, one above the other, as a guide into Hyannis Harbor. After the lighthouse was discontinued in 1929, the front range light continued in automatic operation for some time.
Description of Tower: 1885: Lamp hoisted to the top of a 20-foot wooden tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1885
Date Deactivated: ?
Current Use: Destroyed.