This light replaced the old Kenosha (Southport) Lighthouse. It stands at the end of a pier. In 2011 the lighthouse was purchased at a government auction for $17,000 by local artist John Burhani who opened the lighthouse as an art studio. John Burhani passed away in 2015 and the current ownership of the lighthouse is not known at this time.
Height of Focal Plane: 50
Description of Tower: Red, cast iron conical tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1906
Date Present Tower Built: 1906
Optics: 1906: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
This lighthouse, at the end of the North Pier in Kenosha, is accessible by foot.