This lighthouse once had a companion light on the south breakwater. In 2011 the lighthouse was sold at a government auction to New York businessman Phillip Carlucci who has since restored the lighthouse.
Tower Height: 40
Height of Focal Plane: 52
Characteristic and Range: White light, three seconds on, three seconds off.
Description of Tower: White, cylindrical steel tower on top of square steel dwelling.
This light is operational
Integral steel keeper's quarters and fog signal building.
1840: Brick tower; 1850: Wooden tower.
Date Established: 1840
Date Present Tower Built: 1918
Date Automated: 1971
Optics: 1918: Fourth order Fresnel lens, now at Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc. Now fifth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
This lighthouse can be reached by walking out on the breakwater at the north side of the harbor. It can also be photographed from the south breakwater.
Keepers: Ben Forney (1952-1953)