The original lighthouse here stood on a sandbank that was eroded over the years, and the tower eventually collapsed. The second lighthouse, built at a slightly different location, was discontinued in 1894 and is believed to have been demolished about 1900.
Description of Tower: 1848: Conical stone tower, 72 feet tall, with a second light 36 feet above the ground (collapsed on January 21, 1863). 1865: Black octagonal stone tower, focal plane height of 81 feet.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1848
Date Deactivated: 1894
Current Use: Destroyed.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!