Museu del Port de Tarragona
This lighthouse was built in 1864 and originally served as the Punta de la Baña Light. It was relocated in 1984. It housed a restaurant from 1992 to 1996. In 2003, the lighthouse was restored and opened as a museum.
Tower Height: 59
Height of Focal Plane: 89
Characteristic and Range: White light occulting every 3 seconds; range 10 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White cylindrical cast-iron tower on hexagonal building, on pilings; gray lantern.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1988
Date Present Tower Built: 1864
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes (museum).
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!