Bureau des Phares et Balises
The semi-circular tower contains the staircase to the top, while the keepers' quarters and the equipment room were in the square tower. When it was established, the Lost-Pic Lighthouse was the first in France to have a couple officially appointed as keepers. The lighthouse was damaged during World War II (1944), and the optic was destroyed. The light was re-established with a new lantern in 1948, but that lantern has since been replaced by a light on a mast on the roof of the semi-circular tower.
Tower Height: 49
Height of Focal Plane: 66
Characteristic and Range: Occulting every 4 seconds; range 11 nautical miles (white sector) and 8 nm (red sector).
Description of Tower: Square three-story stone tower with a semi-circular tower attached, gray trim.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1894
Date Present Tower Built: 1894
Date Automated: 1936
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!