Bureau des Phares et Balises
The two lighthouses on Ïle de Bréhat (Le Rosédo and Le Paon) were built and established at the same time. Both lighthouses were destroyed by German troops during World War II and rebuilt in the late 1940s.
Tower Height: 43
Height of Focal Plane: 95
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 5 seconds; range 20 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Stone tower, semi-circular and painted white on the side facing the sea, square at the rear, attached to a two-story dwelling; post light at the top of the tower.
This light is operational
1860: Square stone tower attached to the front of a two-story rectangular dwelling (destroyed August 1944).
Date Established: 1860
Date Present Tower Built: 1948
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
The lighthouse is only a few feet from the road and can easily be seen from there.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!