Municipality of Arecibo
This lighthouse was the last lighthouse built by the Spanish Crown in the Puerto Rico. It is located in a municipal park and has been recently restored. It is now home to a museum devoted to the history of Arecibo.
Tower Height: 46
Height of Focal Plane: 120
Description of Tower: White, hexagonal stone tower, attached to keeper's house.
This light is operational
Keeper's house, electric plant.
Date Established: 1898
Date Present Tower Built: 1898
Date Automated: 1964
Optics: 1898: Third order Fresnel lens, now 190 mm.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Plans are underway to expand the dock of the Port of Arecibo to accommodate small cruise ships and seaplanes.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Agustin Suárez Cruz (1942-1945)