U.S. Coast Guard
The first Throggs Neck Light was a stone tower built in 1827. It was replaced by an octagonal wooden tower (1835-1890), then a skeleton-type tower similar to Coney Island Light. Finally, a brick tower stood from 1906 to 1934. There is now a small auromated steel skeleton tower. A keeper's house still stands and is occupied by a faculty member of SUNY Maritime.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1827
Date Deactivated: 1934
Optics: 18??: Sixth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Samuel Young, Jeth Bayles