This lighthouse was replaced by a skeleton tower in 1959, but the light was returned to the lighthouse in 1980. The island is privately owned and the lighthouse building has been altered over the years.
Tower Height: 31
Height of Focal Plane: 60
Description of Tower: Octagonal brick tower (with wood shingles) attached to keeper's house.
This light is operational
1.5 story wood keeper's house, fog signal building, boathouse.
Date Established: 1849
Date Present Tower Built: 1871
Date Deactivated: 1959-1980
Optics: 1871: Fifth order Fresnel lens, now 300 mm optic.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, private residence.
Open To Public? No.
This lighthouse is on an island in Fishers Island Sound and can only be seen by boat. The lighthouse cruises offered by Captain John's Sport Fishing Center in Waterford, Connecticut, pass this lighthouse. Call (860) 443-7259 or email email@example.com for information.