South Street Seaport
Contact Address Information:
207 Front Street
New York City
This tower was originally on top of the Seaman's Church Institute in New York City.
Tower Height: 60
Characteristic and Range: 1952: Fixed green.
Description of Tower: White cylindrical steel tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1913?
Date Present Tower Built: 1913
Date Deactivated: 1967
Current Use: Attraction at museum.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The lighthouse stands at the entrance to the South Street Seaport Museum. The museum's hours: April 1-Sept. 30: Daily 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Thurs. until 8 p.m. Oct. 1 - Mar. 31: Daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; closed Tuesdays.
From West Side: Take West St. southbound past World Trade Center. Follow signs to FDR Dr. Take underpass, keep right--use Exit 1 at end of underpass. Turn right on Soth St., six blocks. From the East side, take FDR Dr. south to Exit 3 onto South St. Proceed about one mile. Bu subway, take 2, 3, 4, 5, J, Z, or M to Fulton St.; A and C to Broadway-Nassau; E to World Trade Center. Walk east on Fulton St. to Water St.