City of Mukilteo/Mukilteo Historical Society
Contact Address Information:
4480 Chennault Beach Road
The Mukilteo Historical Society has been restoring this lighthouse.
Tower Height: 30
Height of Focal Plane: 33
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 2.5 seconds, visible for 15 miles.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal tower attached to fog signal building.
This light is operational
1905 two-story keeper's house, 1905 fog signal building, second keeper's dwelling, oil house, garage.
Date Established: 1906
Date Present Tower Built: 1906
Date Automated: 1979
Optics: 1927: Fourth order Fresnel lens, still in use.
Fog Signal: Automated horn, three second blast every 30 seconds.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, museum.
Open To Public? Yes.
The station is open for tours on weekends noon to 5:00p.m. April through September and has a gift shop in the south quarters. The north quarters are used as workspace for the Mukilteo Historical Society. Tours are available by reservation (call 425-349-2075) at any other time (year round). The guided tour includes a climb in the tower and an up-close view of the fourth order lens. The lens from Desdemona Sands Light, which once stood on a sandbank in the Columbia River, is on display in the base of the tower.
Mukilteo Lighthouse Park is located near the Washington State Ferry Landing. Take exit 189 and follow Hwy. 526 west for three miles to Hwy. 525. Take Hwy. 525 north for two miles.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: Peter N. Christiansen (1906-1925); Edward A. Brooks (1925-1936); Ray E Dunson (1936-1939)