The active light on a skeleton tower is still maintained by the Coast Guard. It stands near the 1908 combination dwelling/lighthouse, which is now privately owned.
Height of Focal Plane: 45
Characteristic and Range: White light, 3 seconds on, 3 seconds off.
Description of Tower: White steel skeleton tower.
This light is operational
Two-story wood frame dwelling.
1904: Lantern post with triangular slatted daymark. 1908: Square wooden tower on the roof of the dwelling.
Date Established: 1904
Date Present Tower Built: 1953
Date Automated: 1948
Optics: c. 1916: Fourth order Fresnel lens (from Macbeth Company in Pittsburgh, PA).
Current Use: Active aid to navigation, private dwelling.
Open To Public? No.
Located along the Delaware River near Route 2 in Fort Penn. Keep in mind that the lighthouse is private property; be sure to respect the privacy of the owners.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: George Washington Duncan (1904-1906), Edward W. Long (1906-?), J. E. Lauer (?), William J. Salmons (?), Harry Spencer (1927-1943), Sophia Spencer (1943-c. 1948)