Canadian Coast Guard
An unofficial light was shown from two windows in a house from 1848 until the house burned down in 1869; it was replaced by the first official lighthouse in 1870.
Tower Height: 35
Height of Focal Plane: 71
Characteristic and Range: Two second white flash every 12 seconds.
Description of Tower: White square concrete tower.
This light is operational
1870: Wooden dwelling with square tower on roof; 1972: White square concrete tower at corner of one-story fog signal building. (The building has been removed, leaving the tower only.)
Date Established: 1870
Date Present Tower Built: 1972
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
This lighthouse can be seen from the Glooscap Trail, a few kilometers from Route 209.
Keepers: E. Fowler, Shaw Elliott, Victor Elliott, Marven McNally.